Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry can help you improve many smile issues, ranging from bite problems to damage to dull teeth. Your Northwest Houston, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning of Browning Smile Design, can help you choose the best cosmetic dentistry service or treatment for your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
One or more of these treatments could offer the ideal solution if you have smile issues:
- Teeth Whitening: Your smile can become duller over time, but it doesn't have to stay that way. Teeth whitening in the Northwest Houston, TX, dental office can whiten your teeth by three to eight shades. Your dentist uses a professional-strength whitening gel to break apart stains in just about an hour.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Are you self-conscious about your crooked teeth? It's never too late to improve your appearance with orthodontic treatment. In addition to straightening teeth, orthodontic treatment also corrects bite problems that can affect your chewing ability and increase your risk of tooth or gum damage. Your dentist can help you decide between metal or ceramic braces or Invisalign. Invisalign gradually straightens teeth using a series of clear, removable aligner trays designed to fit your mouth perfectly.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to improve tooth flaws. Your dentist applies a small amount of composite resin, a flexible, tooth-colored material to your teeth then hardens the material with a curing light. Bonding can be used to fill in chips, cover gaps, and hide shallow cracks and other imperfections.
- Contouring and Reshaping: Bonding is often combined with contouring and reshaping, which involves removing tiny amounts of tooth enamel to straighten teeth or remove overlapping areas and chips.
- Veneers: Veneers don't require extensive dental work and offer an easy way to improve your smile. The thin shells are made of porcelain or plastic and look just like your natural tooth enamel. Veneers are cemented to the fronts of teeth and hide many types of imperfections. They're a good option if you want to keep chips, cracks, discolorations, and uneven surfaces out of view. Veneers can also close slight gaps between teeth, whiten your entire smile, or change the length or shape of teeth.
Enhance your smile with cosmetic dentistry! Call your dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Browning of Browning Smile Design, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.
Besides giving you that winning smile and self-confidence, cosmetic dentistry treatments could likewise benefit your oral health and restore your teeth’s appearance and function.
Here at Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, offers various cosmetic dentistry procedures to keep your smile in tiptop shape. Here’s a breakdown of these procedures to help you decide on the perfect treatments for you.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Whether you can’t just let go of your black coffee habit or are just looking to refresh your smile, in-office bleaching will definitely help restore your smile’s radiance. Teeth whitening could likewise help enhance your smile’s overall aesthetic if you have discolored teeth because of aging, decay, long-term medications, or injury. Aside from restoring the quality and brilliance of your smile, it will surely boost your self-confidence and make you smile all day.
Dental Contouring and Reshaping
This cosmetic dentistry treatment entails altering and reshaping your teeth’s position to give you a more symmetrical smile. It helps correct slightly overlapping teeth and remove plaque and tartar buildup. Contouring and reshaping can likewise help with minor bite issues. If you suffer from discomfort or pain because of the shape of your teeth and your bite grid’s construct, these treatments could be an ideal procedure for making your bite more even, in turn, making your smile more symmetrical as well.
Dental bonding is a cosmetic treatment that involves the application of composite resin in a tooth-colored material on teeth that require some form of minor correction. It can enhance the look of chipped, fractured, discolored, or cracked teeth, and those that have slight gaps in between.
Veneers are crafted from ultra-thin shells made of porcelain, ceramic, or composite resin. They are placed over the front teeth to conceal minor gaps and cracks, stubborn discoloration, and oddly-shaped teeth. The most popular material for veneers today is porcelain because they are highly stain-resistant, extremely durable, and closely resemble your real teeth.
You have the choice to select just one of these treatments or opt for a combination of these if you truly want a complete smile makeover. Ask your cosmetic dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, for advice on the most suitable treatments for your particular case.
Call Us to Learn More About How Our Cosmetic Dentistry Services Can Give You That Flawless Smile
Dial (281) 370-4300 to set an evaluation with your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning of Browning Smile Design here in Northwest Houston, TX, today.
How cosmetic dentistry from your dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, can renew your smile
Cosmetic dentistry procedures can enhance your smile, giving you a smile that makes a statement about who you are. You deserve a smile that people remember, and cosmetic dentistry can help you achieve it. Dr. Brent R. Browning at Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, offers a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services to renew your smile.
So, which cosmetic dentistry procedure is right for you? That depends on what you want to achieve. Consider these popular cosmetic dentistry procedures:
Professional teeth whitening, if your smile is dull, yellow, and beginning to age; professional teeth whitening allows you to whiten your smile up to 8 shades whiter. Your amazing results can last up to 5 years too! Browning Smile Design offers fast results with ZOOM whitening which takes only about an hour and is performed in the office. You can also choose NiteWhite, a convenient take-home whitening treatment which allows you to whiten whenever you want in the privacy of your home
Cosmetic Bonding, if you are embarrassed by chipped, cracked, or worn teeth; bonding uses a unique liquid resin material known as composite. It’s a material that can be matched to the color of your existing teeth and sculpted to match the natural contours of your teeth. After placement, the composite is hardened with an ultraviolet light. Cosmetic bonding restores your teeth to an undamaged, beautiful state.
Porcelain veneers, if you want a perfectly beautiful smile that is uniquely yours; veneers are thin laminates of sparkling porcelain which are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. They hide major flaws including fracture lines, cracks, loss of tooth structure and other aesthetic problems with your smile. Porcelain veneers look completely natural because porcelain looks just like natural tooth structure. You can have a completely new, brilliant smile in just a couple of weeks.
Cosmetic dentistry can renew your smile, giving you the smile you deserve. To find out more about what cosmetic dentistry procedures can do for you, just pick up your phone and call Dr. Brent R. Browning at Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, today!
At Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, your oral health and smile aesthetics inspire us to render excellent care. For adults who want a beautiful smile, your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, often suggests porcelain veneers, tooth-shaped laminates of superior grade porcelain. These laminates cover defects so well they virtually disappear. Are veneers right for you?
Placement of porcelain veneers
Whether you need a complete smile makeover or just one or two cosmetic treatments, Dr. Browning will evaluate your teeth and gums carefully. He'll suggest ways to improve your tooth color, straighten alignment and bite or repair flaws such as small gaps, fissures, deep stains, chips, cracks and crowding. In fact, make sure you have specific ideas of your own so that together, you and your Northwest Houston, TX, dentist can agree on the perfect care plan.
If Dr. Browning recommends porcelain veneers, expect outstanding results. The process takes two to three visits to Browning Smile Design. The steps include:
- A comprehensive examination, including visual inspection, digital X-ray imaging and oral impressions
- Enamel resurfacing, the removal of a small amount of enamel from the front side of the teeth which will receive veneers (you'll wear temporary laminates as you wait for your permanent ones)
- Custom-fabrication of the veneers at a trusted area lab (they are sculpted according to a model of your teeth and gums)
- Placement of the permanent veneers using special bonding cement
Dr. Browning expertly places each veneer tooth by tooth and meticulously adjusts the thickness and color of the cement. A special bonding light accelerates the chemicals in the cement and creates a strong bond.
What else you should know
Be ready for a "Wow!" moment when you see your new smile. Your veneers will create a perfect, yet realistic, look that enhances your appearance.
You'll adjust to your veneers within a week or two, says the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. And, with good at-home and in-office hygiene at Browning Smile Design, you'll enjoy that great smile for ten years or more.
Just be careful, however, to avoid extra-hard foods. If you are a teeth clencher, ask Dr. Browning about a mouth guard to wear at night. Veneers are durable, but just like your real teeth, they can crack and chip if you exert too much pressure on them.
A new smile
Porcelain veneers could create yours. Come to Browning Smile Design, and talk it over with Dr. Browning and his friendly team. They'll guide you toward the right cosmetic treatments, and you'll love how you look and feel. Call us for an appointment: (281) 370-4300.
Improving the appearance of your smile can be a life-changing step. However, with the influx of cosmetic dentistry options available, you may have trouble choosing the best treatments for you. Luckily, you can decide on the perfect treatment plan with help from your dentist. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry options available and how they can help your smile with Dr. Brent Browning at Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Northwest Houston
- Crowns and Bridges: Dental crowns and bridges replace your missing teeth and allow your damaged natural teeth to remain in your mouth where they belong. A bridge does as its name implies and bridges the gap caused by a missing tooth. A crown covers a tooth to protect it from future damage and stabilize a large filling, often due to a root canal.
- Veneers: Dental veneers fit over the surface of a tooth to change its appearance, masking its imperfections and giving you the possibility to change the length, width, or shape of your tooth. Veneers can also change the color of your tooth, giving you a total smile makeover in just a few dental appointments.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are the most natural, effective, and functional option for replacing your missing teeth. These permanent implants give you the freedom to eat what you want, use a simple care routine of brushing and flossing without any extra steps, and look great, too.
- Zoom! Teeth Whitening: Zoom! teeth whitening uses a short whitening procedure to provide big results, brightening your smile and giving your teeth a whiter appearance in just 40-60 minutes. Your dentist places whitening gel on the teeth and aims a special light at the gel to help in the whitening process. After about an hour, the gel comes off and you are left with a whiter smile you can feel proud of.
A new smile could be just a simple phone call away. For more information on cosmetic dentistry or choosing a cosmetic procedure, please contact Dr. Browning at Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX. Call (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment for a cosmetic dentistry consultation with Dr. Browning today!