Posts for tag: Veneers
Have you been thinking about improving your smile? Here at the Northwest Houston, TX, office of your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, we offer a variety of treatments designed to enhance your appearance—read on to learn more.
Brighten Your Smile With Veneers or Whitening Treatment
If stains from foods and beverages have left your teeth dull and stained, one of these treatments will help brighten your smile:
- Teeth Whitening: Coating your teeth with a hydrogen peroxide gel to remove the dark pigments that cause stains in just about an hour. After the gel is applied during Zoom! whitening treatment, it's exposed to a special activating light that helps it penetrate the pores of your enamel. Take-home kits that whiten your teeth and strengthen your tooth enamel are also available.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin shells that cover the front surfaces of your teeth. They're available in a range of white shades to ensure that your smile is as white as you want. The stain-resistant restorations are cemented on to your teeth and are made from an impression of your mouth.
Improve Flaws With Bonding, Veneers, or Crowns
When imperfections mar your smile, consider these options:
- Bonding: Your dentist can conceal discolored teeth and gaps, restore damage caused by chips, and improve the shape of teeth by applying tooth-colored composite resin to your teeth. Once the flexible material is applied, it's hardened with a curing light.
- Veneers: Veneers hide many types of flaws, including uneven surfaces, chips, cracks, discolorations, and gaps. They also offer a simple way to change the shape or length of teeth.
- Crowns: Crowns slip over teeth, completely concealing flaws on all sides. They can hide discolorations, change the shape of oddly shaped teeth, or even lengthen short teeth.
Straighten Your Smile With Invisalign
Invisalign offers a discreet solution to orthodontic problems. You'll wear removable aligner trays that will apply constant pressure to your teeth, gradually realigning them. The clear trays offer a subtle way to improve your smile.
During your first Invisalign visit to our Northwest Houston dental office, your dentist will take digital images, X-rays, and impressions of your teeth. They'll be combined to create a 3D image of your mouth that will be used to create your trays and plan your treatment.
Interested? Give Us a Call
Are you ready to renew your smile? Call your cosmetic dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Brent Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule an appointment.
At Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, your oral health and smile aesthetics inspire us to render excellent care. For adults who want a beautiful smile, your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, often suggests porcelain veneers, tooth-shaped laminates of superior grade porcelain. These laminates cover defects so well they virtually disappear. Are veneers right for you?
Placement of porcelain veneers
Whether you need a complete smile makeover or just one or two cosmetic treatments, Dr. Browning will evaluate your teeth and gums carefully. He'll suggest ways to improve your tooth color, straighten alignment and bite or repair flaws such as small gaps, fissures, deep stains, chips, cracks and crowding. In fact, make sure you have specific ideas of your own so that together, you and your Northwest Houston, TX, dentist can agree on the perfect care plan.
If Dr. Browning recommends porcelain veneers, expect outstanding results. The process takes two to three visits to Browning Smile Design. The steps include:
- A comprehensive examination, including visual inspection, digital X-ray imaging and oral impressions
- Enamel resurfacing, the removal of a small amount of enamel from the front side of the teeth which will receive veneers (you'll wear temporary laminates as you wait for your permanent ones)
- Custom-fabrication of the veneers at a trusted area lab (they are sculpted according to a model of your teeth and gums)
- Placement of the permanent veneers using special bonding cement
Dr. Browning expertly places each veneer tooth by tooth and meticulously adjusts the thickness and color of the cement. A special bonding light accelerates the chemicals in the cement and creates a strong bond.
What else you should know
Be ready for a "Wow!" moment when you see your new smile. Your veneers will create a perfect, yet realistic, look that enhances your appearance.
You'll adjust to your veneers within a week or two, says the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. And, with good at-home and in-office hygiene at Browning Smile Design, you'll enjoy that great smile for ten years or more.
Just be careful, however, to avoid extra-hard foods. If you are a teeth clencher, ask Dr. Browning about a mouth guard to wear at night. Veneers are durable, but just like your real teeth, they can crack and chip if you exert too much pressure on them.
A new smile
Porcelain veneers could create yours. Come to Browning Smile Design, and talk it over with Dr. Browning and his friendly team. They'll guide you toward the right cosmetic treatments, and you'll love how you look and feel. Call us for an appointment: (281) 370-4300.
Is there something about your smile that's always bothered you? Whether you have an oddly shaped tooth, a noticeable chip on the edge of a tooth or don't feel that your teeth are white enough, veneers can revitalize your smile. Our Northwest Houston, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, discusses veneers and explains how they can be used to makeover your smile.
Thin, comfortable veneers disguise imperfections
When Dr. Browning shows you a veneer in his Northwest Houston office, you may be surprised by the thinness of the restoration. Porcelain veneers are just about as thin as a fingernail, yet completely cover imperfections in your teeth. Because veneers are lightweight, they're very comfortable when they're attached to the fronts of your teeth.
Receiving veneers isn't painful or complicated
Before you receive veneers, a tiny amount of tooth enamel is removed from your teeth to ensure that your veneers don't feel bulky and uncomfortable. You may not even need a local anesthetic for this step because such a small amount of enamel is filed away. After your teeth are filed, we'll make an impression of your teeth and send it to a dental laboratory.
When we receive your veneers, you'll return to the office and we'll test the fit by using water or glycerin to temporarily apply the veneers to your teeth. After making a few minor adjustments, the veneers will be permanently attached using dental cement.
Veneers offer important benefits
Veneers provide several important benefits, including:
- Versatility: Veneers can be used to change the shape or length of your teeth or hide small flaws, such as gaps, discolorations, cracks, chips or uneven tooth surfaces.
- Color: If you've ever been disappointed that teeth whitening didn't get your teeth light enough, you'll want to consider veneers. They're available in many shades of white and an are excellent long-term whitening option.
- Stain Resistance: Veneers are very resistant to substances that stain teeth, such as coffee, tea, wine, brightly colored foods and tobacco.
- Easy Care: Veneers require no special care routines. You will need to avoid abrasive toothpastes when you brush, but you can brush and floss the same way you usually do.
Make over your smile with veneers! Call Northwest Houston, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.
Having a smile that looks great often begins with cosmetic dentistry procedures like dental veneers. These dental restorations have many qualities which make them one of the best and most effective ways to renew your smile. One of the first questions you may ask is, “Do dental veneers stain?” Find out the answer to this question and more with Dr. Brent Browning at Browning Smile Design in Houston, TX.
How do dental veneers work?
Dentists use dental veneers to mask imperfections in the teeth. Made from porcelain, a dental technician at a dental laboratory carefully carves each veneer from a block of ceramic. The lab technician color matches each veneer to ensure a natural appearance. Veneers last many years with the proper care. These restorations can change the shape, size, length and width of the teeth. Veneers fix many imperfections, including:
- chipped teeth
- cracked teeth
- stained or yellowed teeth
- uneven teeth
- slightly misaligned teeth
Dental Veneers vs. Staining
Thanks to their materials, dental veneers are stain-resistant. Additionally, veneers have the same light-reflecting qualities as natural teeth, blending in with your existing smile flawlessly. The easiest way to avoid staining or yellowing is to avoid the foods and beverages which cause them. Try to avoid drinking coffee or tea, smoking tobacco, and eating darkly-pigmented foods like berries. Brush at least twice daily and floss at least once a day. See your dentist at least twice a year for regular examinations and cleanings.
Dental Veneers in Houston, TX
The veneers process begins with the preparation of the teeth. A small amount of enamel removed from the front of the teeth makes room for the veneer and provides a roughened, more effective surface on which the adhesive can attach. If necessary, temporary veneers cover and protect your prepared teeth until the laboratory finishes the final restorations, a process which usually takes about two weeks.
For more information on dental veneers in the Northwest Houston, TX area, please contact Dr. Browning at Browning Smile Design. Call (281) 370-4300 to schedule your consultation for dental veneers today!
Discover how cosmetic dentistry is giving countless people in northwest Houston something to smile about!
Your smile is an important feature that can say a lot about you. But if certain imperfections are keeping you from having the smile you want, it can be more than frustrating. Fortunately, your northwest Houston, TX cosmetic dentist Dr. Brent Browning can help! There are so many cosmetic options available to get you your dream smile!
Looking for a fast, inexpensive and painless way to improve certain minor smile flaws? If you are dealing with small cracks, chips, stains or gaps between teeth, then you might want to talk to our Houston, TX dentist about dental bonding. By applying and molding this tooth-colored resin over these problem areas we can improve the overall color and shape of misshapen or imperfect teeth. No needles and no anesthesia required!
For patients with more severe misshapen teeth, gaps between teeth or other flaws for which bonding isn’t appropriate, the best treatment option is dental veneers. Made from durable porcelain, these thin shells are custom-made to cover the front surface of your teeth and hide flaws to give you a straighter, whiter and more attractive smile for life. Plus, minimal tooth preparation is required and can often be performed painlessly without anesthesia!
Just looking to brighten your smile and wipe away stains before a big occasion? Then you’ve come to the right place. Our in-office whitening system can erase stains and yellowing to produce smiles that are several shades whiter in just one whitening session. In less than one hour, you could leave our office with a vibrant new smile that you’ll feel confident showing off!
This is only a peek into some of the cosmetic dentistry services we offer at our office in northwest Houston. We also offer other cosmetic and restorative treatment options including:
- Dental crowns
- Dental bridges
- Dental implants
- Complete smile makeovers
Isn’t it time you got the smile you’ve always wanted? Then it’s time to turn to Dr. Browning, your cosmetic dentist today. Call Browning Smile Design, located in northwest Houston near Spring, Cypress, and Tomball, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your consultation.