Posts for tag: Veneers
Cosmetic dentistry can help you improve many smile issues, ranging from bite problems to damage to dull teeth. Your Northwest Houston, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning of Browning Smile Design, can help you choose the best cosmetic dentistry service or treatment for your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
One or more of these treatments could offer the ideal solution if you have smile issues:
- Teeth Whitening: Your smile can become duller over time, but it doesn't have to stay that way. Teeth whitening in the Northwest Houston, TX, dental office can whiten your teeth by three to eight shades. Your dentist uses a professional-strength whitening gel to break apart stains in just about an hour.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Are you self-conscious about your crooked teeth? It's never too late to improve your appearance with orthodontic treatment. In addition to straightening teeth, orthodontic treatment also corrects bite problems that can affect your chewing ability and increase your risk of tooth or gum damage. Your dentist can help you decide between metal or ceramic braces or Invisalign. Invisalign gradually straightens teeth using a series of clear, removable aligner trays designed to fit your mouth perfectly.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to improve tooth flaws. Your dentist applies a small amount of composite resin, a flexible, tooth-colored material to your teeth then hardens the material with a curing light. Bonding can be used to fill in chips, cover gaps, and hide shallow cracks and other imperfections.
- Contouring and Reshaping: Bonding is often combined with contouring and reshaping, which involves removing tiny amounts of tooth enamel to straighten teeth or remove overlapping areas and chips.
- Veneers: Veneers don't require extensive dental work and offer an easy way to improve your smile. The thin shells are made of porcelain or plastic and look just like your natural tooth enamel. Veneers are cemented to the fronts of teeth and hide many types of imperfections. They're a good option if you want to keep chips, cracks, discolorations, and uneven surfaces out of view. Veneers can also close slight gaps between teeth, whiten your entire smile, or change the length or shape of teeth.
Enhance your smile with cosmetic dentistry! Call your dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Browning of Browning Smile Design, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.
You may feel as if you have nothing to smile about if you have a few tooth flaws. Fortunately, correcting imperfections may be easier than you realize. Hiding flaws with veneers, one of the cosmetic treatments offered by your Northwest Houston, TX, dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, can help you transform your smile.
Veneers offer a simple solution if you have tooth flaws
Correcting tooth flaws doesn't necessarily mean you'll need extensive dental work. In fact, veneers require very little changes to your teeth. Before your dentist attaches the thin porcelain or plastic shells to the fronts of your teeth, he'll need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel. Removing the enamel ensures the veneers fit comfortably. (In some cases, it may not be necessary to remove any enamel.)
After the tooth enamel is removed, your dentist will make an impression of your mouth. The impression helps the dental lab technicians who will make your veneers create restorations that look perfectly natural in your mouth. You'll return to the Northwest Houston dental office in a few weeks to receive your new veneers. After temporarily applying the veneers with water or glycerin to check the fit, your dentist will make a few adjustments, then attach your restorations with dental cement.
Veneers keep imperfections out of sight
Veneers are only attached to the fronts of teeth, as flaws are most obvious in this area. The restorations conceal many types of tooth imperfections and are often used to hide shallow cracks, chips or other minor damage.
Are you unhappy with the color of your teeth? Veneers can make a single discolored tooth blend in with your smile or whiten all of your teeth. In fact, veneers offer an excellent, long-term teeth whitening option. The restorations are stain-resistant and may last 10 to 15 years or longer.
Oddly shaped teeth, whether they're crooked, twisted or pointed, can ruin the symmetry of your smile. Veneers make these teeth look perfectly straight and can also length short teeth.
Do you have gaps between your teeth? Although you may need orthodontic treatment if you have large gaps, slight gaps can be easily concealed with veneers.
Renew your smile with veneers. Call your dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Brent Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.
Have you been thinking about improving your smile? Here at the Northwest Houston, TX, office of your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, we offer a variety of treatments designed to enhance your appearance—read on to learn more.
Brighten Your Smile With Veneers or Whitening Treatment
If stains from foods and beverages have left your teeth dull and stained, one of these treatments will help brighten your smile:
- Teeth Whitening: Coating your teeth with a hydrogen peroxide gel to remove the dark pigments that cause stains in just about an hour. After the gel is applied during Zoom! whitening treatment, it's exposed to a special activating light that helps it penetrate the pores of your enamel. Take-home kits that whiten your teeth and strengthen your tooth enamel are also available.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin shells that cover the front surfaces of your teeth. They're available in a range of white shades to ensure that your smile is as white as you want. The stain-resistant restorations are cemented on to your teeth and are made from an impression of your mouth.
Improve Flaws With Bonding, Veneers, or Crowns
When imperfections mar your smile, consider these options:
- Bonding: Your dentist can conceal discolored teeth and gaps, restore damage caused by chips, and improve the shape of teeth by applying tooth-colored composite resin to your teeth. Once the flexible material is applied, it's hardened with a curing light.
- Veneers: Veneers hide many types of flaws, including uneven surfaces, chips, cracks, discolorations, and gaps. They also offer a simple way to change the shape or length of teeth.
- Crowns: Crowns slip over teeth, completely concealing flaws on all sides. They can hide discolorations, change the shape of oddly shaped teeth, or even lengthen short teeth.
Straighten Your Smile With Invisalign
Invisalign offers a discreet solution to orthodontic problems. You'll wear removable aligner trays that will apply constant pressure to your teeth, gradually realigning them. The clear trays offer a subtle way to improve your smile.
During your first Invisalign visit to our Northwest Houston dental office, your dentist will take digital images, X-rays, and impressions of your teeth. They'll be combined to create a 3D image of your mouth that will be used to create your trays and plan your treatment.
Interested? Give Us a Call
Are you ready to renew your smile? Call your cosmetic dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Brent Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule an appointment.
At Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, your oral health and smile aesthetics inspire us to render excellent care. For adults who want a beautiful smile, your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, often suggests porcelain veneers, tooth-shaped laminates of superior grade porcelain. These laminates cover defects so well they virtually disappear. Are veneers right for you?
Placement of porcelain veneers
Whether you need a complete smile makeover or just one or two cosmetic treatments, Dr. Browning will evaluate your teeth and gums carefully. He'll suggest ways to improve your tooth color, straighten alignment and bite or repair flaws such as small gaps, fissures, deep stains, chips, cracks and crowding. In fact, make sure you have specific ideas of your own so that together, you and your Northwest Houston, TX, dentist can agree on the perfect care plan.
If Dr. Browning recommends porcelain veneers, expect outstanding results. The process takes two to three visits to Browning Smile Design. The steps include:
- A comprehensive examination, including visual inspection, digital X-ray imaging and oral impressions
- Enamel resurfacing, the removal of a small amount of enamel from the front side of the teeth which will receive veneers (you'll wear temporary laminates as you wait for your permanent ones)
- Custom-fabrication of the veneers at a trusted area lab (they are sculpted according to a model of your teeth and gums)
- Placement of the permanent veneers using special bonding cement
Dr. Browning expertly places each veneer tooth by tooth and meticulously adjusts the thickness and color of the cement. A special bonding light accelerates the chemicals in the cement and creates a strong bond.
What else you should know
Be ready for a "Wow!" moment when you see your new smile. Your veneers will create a perfect, yet realistic, look that enhances your appearance.
You'll adjust to your veneers within a week or two, says the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. And, with good at-home and in-office hygiene at Browning Smile Design, you'll enjoy that great smile for ten years or more.
Just be careful, however, to avoid extra-hard foods. If you are a teeth clencher, ask Dr. Browning about a mouth guard to wear at night. Veneers are durable, but just like your real teeth, they can crack and chip if you exert too much pressure on them.
A new smile
Porcelain veneers could create yours. Come to Browning Smile Design, and talk it over with Dr. Browning and his friendly team. They'll guide you toward the right cosmetic treatments, and you'll love how you look and feel. Call us for an appointment: (281) 370-4300.
Is there something about your smile that's always bothered you? Whether you have an oddly shaped tooth, a noticeable chip on the edge of a tooth or don't feel that your teeth are white enough, veneers can revitalize your smile. Our Northwest Houston, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, discusses veneers and explains how they can be used to makeover your smile.
Thin, comfortable veneers disguise imperfections
When Dr. Browning shows you a veneer in his Northwest Houston office, you may be surprised by the thinness of the restoration. Porcelain veneers are just about as thin as a fingernail, yet completely cover imperfections in your teeth. Because veneers are lightweight, they're very comfortable when they're attached to the fronts of your teeth.
Receiving veneers isn't painful or complicated
Before you receive veneers, a tiny amount of tooth enamel is removed from your teeth to ensure that your veneers don't feel bulky and uncomfortable. You may not even need a local anesthetic for this step because such a small amount of enamel is filed away. After your teeth are filed, we'll make an impression of your teeth and send it to a dental laboratory.
When we receive your veneers, you'll return to the office and we'll test the fit by using water or glycerin to temporarily apply the veneers to your teeth. After making a few minor adjustments, the veneers will be permanently attached using dental cement.
Veneers offer important benefits
Veneers provide several important benefits, including:
- Versatility: Veneers can be used to change the shape or length of your teeth or hide small flaws, such as gaps, discolorations, cracks, chips or uneven tooth surfaces.
- Color: If you've ever been disappointed that teeth whitening didn't get your teeth light enough, you'll want to consider veneers. They're available in many shades of white and an are excellent long-term whitening option.
- Stain Resistance: Veneers are very resistant to substances that stain teeth, such as coffee, tea, wine, brightly colored foods and tobacco.
- Easy Care: Veneers require no special care routines. You will need to avoid abrasive toothpastes when you brush, but you can brush and floss the same way you usually do.
Make over your smile with veneers! Call Northwest Houston, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.