Posts for tag: Teeth Whitening
Cosmetic dentistry can help you improve many smile issues, ranging from bite problems to damage to dull teeth. Your Northwest Houston, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning of Browning Smile Design, can help you choose the best cosmetic dentistry service or treatment for your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
One or more of these treatments could offer the ideal solution if you have smile issues:
- Teeth Whitening: Your smile can become duller over time, but it doesn't have to stay that way. Teeth whitening in the Northwest Houston, TX, dental office can whiten your teeth by three to eight shades. Your dentist uses a professional-strength whitening gel to break apart stains in just about an hour.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Are you self-conscious about your crooked teeth? It's never too late to improve your appearance with orthodontic treatment. In addition to straightening teeth, orthodontic treatment also corrects bite problems that can affect your chewing ability and increase your risk of tooth or gum damage. Your dentist can help you decide between metal or ceramic braces or Invisalign. Invisalign gradually straightens teeth using a series of clear, removable aligner trays designed to fit your mouth perfectly.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to improve tooth flaws. Your dentist applies a small amount of composite resin, a flexible, tooth-colored material to your teeth then hardens the material with a curing light. Bonding can be used to fill in chips, cover gaps, and hide shallow cracks and other imperfections.
- Contouring and Reshaping: Bonding is often combined with contouring and reshaping, which involves removing tiny amounts of tooth enamel to straighten teeth or remove overlapping areas and chips.
- Veneers: Veneers don't require extensive dental work and offer an easy way to improve your smile. The thin shells are made of porcelain or plastic and look just like your natural tooth enamel. Veneers are cemented to the fronts of teeth and hide many types of imperfections. They're a good option if you want to keep chips, cracks, discolorations, and uneven surfaces out of view. Veneers can also close slight gaps between teeth, whiten your entire smile, or change the length or shape of teeth.
Enhance your smile with cosmetic dentistry! Call your dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Browning of Browning Smile Design, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.
Is your dull, yellowed smile getting you down? Then, rejuvenate it with Zoom! teeth whitening from Dr. Brent Browning, your cosmetic dentist in Northwest Houston, TX. Dr. Browning and his team at Browning Smile Design are excited to offer their teen and adult patients this innovative cosmetic treatment--available in a one-hour, in-office version or as a take-home treatment.
How did your smile become stained?
It happens to everyone to one extent or other. Tobacco, dark foods and drinks (yes, your morning coffee), acidic dietary choices and the passage of time discolor tooth enamel.
That hard outer layer of your teeth is more porous than you may realize, and it retains whatever you put into your mouth. Poor oral hygiene contributes to the stains; however, even people with excellent oral hygiene habits can see their tooth color darken due to what dentists call extrinsic stains.
How teeth whitening can help
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry calls professional teeth whitening the most popular cosmetic dentistry service available today. Safer and more effective than drugstore strips, toothpastes and rinses, Zoom! teeth whitening from your Northwest Houston cosmetic dentist removes stubborn stains via application of highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide gel.
With the at-home version, the patient applies the peroxide gel with custom-designed whitening trays. This treatment takes about a week to complete.
In the office, Dr. Browning applies the gel and then accelerates the active ingredient with a special light. The procedure takes about an hour in all. Either version produces a smile whiter by about eight shades of color.
Of course, results vary from person to person. And, not everyone is a candidate for professional teeth whitening. During a cosmetic dentistry consultation at his Northwest Houston, TX, office, Dr. Browning will examine your teeth and gums and help you decide if Zoom! teeth whitening is right for you.
Keeping a white smile
Because you are going to love your renewed smile, you'll want to keep it bright and healthy. Dr. Browning and his team recommend:
- Twice a day brushing
- Once a day flossing
- Six-month check-ups and cleanings at Browning Smile Design
- Getting whitening touch-ups
- Drinking six to eight glasses of water daily (increases saliva production and rinses teeth)
- Avoiding all tobacco
- Drinking coffee, tea and colas with a straw
- Brushing after consuming dark foods such as blueberries or soy sauce
Look good and feel wonderful
A bright smile will do that for you. To learn more about Zoom! teeth whitening, contact Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, to arrange a cosmetic dentistry consultation. We look forward to helping you have a healthy smile you can be proud of. Call us at (281) 370-4300.
Has your bright smile grown progressively duller over the years? Teeth whitening treatment offers a quick, simple way to remove stains caused by foods, beverages or smoking. Our Northwest Houston, TX, dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, explains how the whitening process works.
Teeth whitening eliminates stains
Food and tobacco stains become embedded in small pores in your tooth enamel. No matter how often you brush, you'll never be able to remove the stains caused by foods or beverages that contain dark pigments, such as coffee, tea, red wine, cola, soy sauce, berries or tomato sauce.
Teeth whitening uses hydrogen peroxide to break apart the pigments lurking deep in your enamel. Once those pigments are gone, your teeth will be much brighter and whiter.
Home vs. professional whitening
You'll find plenty of products to whiten your teeth in the aisles of Northwest Houston drug and discount stores, from strips to trays to products you brush on your teeth. Unfortunately, these products can take a long time to work and may not produce the results you wanted. Professional whitening agents contain stronger formulations of hydrogen peroxide than drugstore kits and offer better, more consistent results
The whitening process
When you arrive for a Zoom! whitening session in our office, your gums and roots will be coated with a protective gel and you'll receive a pair of goggles which will protect your eyes. After the hydrogen peroxide gel is applied to your teeth, they'll be exposed to the Zoom! light. The light activates the hydrogen peroxide gel, which breaks apart the stains. Whitening is usually accomplished in three 15-minute sessions. At the end of your session, your teeth will be covered with a fluoride gel to help reduce sensitivity.
Zoom! offers long-lasting results
Your teeth may be as much as 10 shades whiter when you leave our office. You can maintain your results for years by avoiding foods and beverages that stain teeth and occasionally touching up your teeth with Nite White ACP, an at-home whitener that not only whitens teeth but also remineralizes your tooth enamel.
Ready to revitalize your smile with teeth whitening? Call our Northwest Houston, TX, dentist, Dr. Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule an appointment.
There are a number of different whitening solutions that dentists use which are designed to give almost immediate results. One popular treatment that dentists use is called the Zoom! Chairside Whitening System. Dr. Brent Browning is a cosmetic dentist who administers this quick and effective treatment to patients at his Northwest Houston, TX dental practice. Learn why you should call his office today to see if you’re a good candidate for a Zoom! Whitening treatment.
The Zoom! Experience
Whitening products that you might buy in a store can take weeks to show any results. Having your teeth whitened at the dentist’s office can take less than 60 minutes thanks to a treatment called Zoom! The lips and gums are protected and then a proprietary whitening gel is applied to the teeth. A curing light activates the gel and whitens your teeth by up to eight shades.
Benefits of Zoom!
As the name suggests, Zoom! whitens your teeth in a flash compared to other solutions like messy trays and ineffective whitening strips. Patients want their teeth to be as white as possible, as quickly as possible -- especially when they have urgent upcoming events and busy schedules. Because Zoom! is administered by your Northwest Houston cosmetic dentist, you can relax knowing that it will be done safely.
Will Zoom! Work for You?
Like most tooth brightening solutions, Zoom works for patients who have extrinsic staining. That means that the discoloration is on the outer enamel of the tooth. Tell your dentist if you have issues with light sensitivity and take any medications at your consultation appointment. In some cases, a Zoom! take-home solution may be prescribed. Patients who have dark intrinsic stains may benefit from other cosmetic treatments, like veneers or crowns.
Call for a Tooth Whitening Consultation
If you want to know for sure if you would be a good candidate for the Zoom! Chairside Whitening System, schedule a tooth whitening consultation. Call the Northwest Houston, TX office of Dr. Browning today at (281) 370-4300.
Let’s start with the basics. Whitening doesn’t need to cost you a lot of money. With at-home daily oral hygiene many people are satisfied with the sparkle it offers for their smile. To refresh your understanding of proper oral hygiene, we are happy to offer you the following guidelines to help you gain back that sparkle in your smile:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, everyday
- Don’t forget to floss daily to remove what your toothbrush left behind
- Maintain a tooth friendly diet
- Visit Browning Smile Design at least twice a year for routine checkups and cleanings
However, when the daily basics just aren’t cutting it Dr. Brent Browning offers you professional whitening choices—in-office and take-home. In-office whitening continues to be the preferred choice for many patients seeking a smile that is whiter and brighter. In-office whitening takes place under carefully monitored conditions, which allow for the safe, controlled, pain-free use of a relatively high concentration of bleaching gel—yielding results that are visible immediately.
Some of the benefits of in-office whitening include, but are not limited to:
- Provides the fastest results
- Safest form of tooth bleaching
- Gum and tooth sensitivity are more controllable
In addition to in-office bleaching, you can also experience the benefits of professionally dispensed take-home whitening kits. Even though you can get over-the-counter whiteners without your dentist’s recommendation, there is a possibility for over-use, which can harm your tooth enamel and irritate your gum tissue. So to provide the best results, talk to Dr. Browning for further information on custom-made take-home whitening trays from Browning Smile Design.
The best whitening results appear to come from dentist-dispensed take-home kits—especially those that are used for an extended period of time. These take-home kits contain higher percentages of bleach than over-the-counter kits and consist of custom-made application trays made of a flexible plastic material. These custom-made trays ensure that the bleach stays in contact with your teeth, establishing maximum whitening while minimizing the amount of bleach that can dribble onto the gums.
Take the next step toward an impressive smile with teeth whitening by visiting Browning Smile Designs for proper consultation and treatment planning. Dr. Browning is available to help your teeth sparkle once again.