Metal braces aren't the only option if you'd like straighter teeth. Invisalign, an innovative orthodontic treatment method offered by your Northwest Houston, TX, dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, improves your smile discreetly.
5 reasons Invisalign may be the best option for you
Whether you're a teen or adult, Invisalign can help you feel proud of your smile. The system may be a good choice if:
- You don't want any noticeable changes to your teeth during treatment: Invisalign eliminates wires and brackets used to re-position teeth with metal or ceramic braces. Instead, the system uses clear, removable aligner trays that slowly realign your teeth. Your trays are practically transparent and won't draw attention to your orthodontic treatment.
- You have one of these smile issues: Invisalign can close gaps between teeth, straighten crooked teeth and correct bite problems. You'll receive a series of trays which will be worn for about two weeks. At the end of the wearing period, you'll swap your existing trays for the next aligners in the series. During your visit to the Northwest Houston dental office, your dentist will help you decide if Invisalign can correct your orthodontic problems.
- Comfort is important: Your trays are designed using a digital 3D model of your teeth to ensure that your aligners fit your teeth perfectly. Trays are made of smooth plastic for your comfort.
- A convenient option is a must: If you don't want to eliminate certain foods from your diet or learn a new oral hygiene routine during your orthodontic treatment, you'll appreciate the convenience of Invisalign. You'll remove your trays before you brush, floss, eat or drink anything other than water. The treatment won't involve any changes to your normal routines.
- You're an adult who's looking for a quick orthodontic option: Although teens will usually wear Invisalign aligner trays about the same amount of time they would have worn metal braces, that's not the case for many adults. In fact, you may only need to wear your aligner trays for as little as six months to improve your smile.
Straighten your smile with Invisalign. Call your dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.