Posts for: March, 2015
For people with misaligned or crooked teeth that taint their smile, finding the dental solution to get everything straightened out in their mouths often comes down to this: braces or Invisalign?
Though both have been proven to provide a lasting solution for a straighter smile, they have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages. But at Browning Smile Design, you'll find the most important factors you need to make the final decision, as Brent R. Browning, D.D.S., brings life to each and every smile that enters his office.
Take a look at the advantages of braces below, followed by what makes Invisalign a winning dental option as well:
- correct poorly aligned jaws and bad bites
- straighten crooked, crowded, or missing teeth
- especially great for young children between the ages of 7 and 14, because their facial structures are still forming
Benefits of conventional braces:
- trusted way to straighten teeth for decades
- durable and long-lasting
- more comfortable today than in years past
- use a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten your teeth
- each set of aligners is used for about two weeks, slowly adjusting your teeth to their desired position
- About 18-30 aligners are used for each treatment, lasting between 9-15 months
Benefits of Invisalign:
- made using state-of-the-art 3D computer imaging technology
- each set of aligners is custom-created to fit seamlessly into your mouth
- aligners are clear and inconspicuous, so no one can tell they're there
Though you might have slight discomfort when braces or Invisalign aligners are placed in your mouth, pain is minimal at most and the results of both are as long-lasting as they are meaningful to your smile. For more information about the leading dental solutions for a straight smile here in Houston, TX, give Dr. Browning's office a call today at (281) 370-4300 and start to see real results!