Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry can help you improve many smile issues, ranging from bite problems to damage to dull teeth. Your Northwest Houston, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning of Browning Smile Design, can help you choose the best cosmetic dentistry service or treatment for your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
One or more of these treatments could offer the ideal solution if you have smile issues:
- Teeth Whitening: Your smile can become duller over time, but it doesn't have to stay that way. Teeth whitening in the Northwest Houston, TX, dental office can whiten your teeth by three to eight shades. Your dentist uses a professional-strength whitening gel to break apart stains in just about an hour.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Are you self-conscious about your crooked teeth? It's never too late to improve your appearance with orthodontic treatment. In addition to straightening teeth, orthodontic treatment also corrects bite problems that can affect your chewing ability and increase your risk of tooth or gum damage. Your dentist can help you decide between metal or ceramic braces or Invisalign. Invisalign gradually straightens teeth using a series of clear, removable aligner trays designed to fit your mouth perfectly.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to improve tooth flaws. Your dentist applies a small amount of composite resin, a flexible, tooth-colored material to your teeth then hardens the material with a curing light. Bonding can be used to fill in chips, cover gaps, and hide shallow cracks and other imperfections.
- Contouring and Reshaping: Bonding is often combined with contouring and reshaping, which involves removing tiny amounts of tooth enamel to straighten teeth or remove overlapping areas and chips.
- Veneers: Veneers don't require extensive dental work and offer an easy way to improve your smile. The thin shells are made of porcelain or plastic and look just like your natural tooth enamel. Veneers are cemented to the fronts of teeth and hide many types of imperfections. They're a good option if you want to keep chips, cracks, discolorations, and uneven surfaces out of view. Veneers can also close slight gaps between teeth, whiten your entire smile, or change the length or shape of teeth.
Enhance your smile with cosmetic dentistry! Call your dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Browning of Browning Smile Design, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.
You may feel as if you have nothing to smile about if you have a few tooth flaws. Fortunately, correcting imperfections may be easier than you realize. Hiding flaws with veneers, one of the cosmetic treatments offered by your Northwest Houston, TX, dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, can help you transform your smile.
Veneers offer a simple solution if you have tooth flaws
Correcting tooth flaws doesn't necessarily mean you'll need extensive dental work. In fact, veneers require very little changes to your teeth. Before your dentist attaches the thin porcelain or plastic shells to the fronts of your teeth, he'll need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel. Removing the enamel ensures the veneers fit comfortably. (In some cases, it may not be necessary to remove any enamel.)
After the tooth enamel is removed, your dentist will make an impression of your mouth. The impression helps the dental lab technicians who will make your veneers create restorations that look perfectly natural in your mouth. You'll return to the Northwest Houston dental office in a few weeks to receive your new veneers. After temporarily applying the veneers with water or glycerin to check the fit, your dentist will make a few adjustments, then attach your restorations with dental cement.
Veneers keep imperfections out of sight
Veneers are only attached to the fronts of teeth, as flaws are most obvious in this area. The restorations conceal many types of tooth imperfections and are often used to hide shallow cracks, chips or other minor damage.
Are you unhappy with the color of your teeth? Veneers can make a single discolored tooth blend in with your smile or whiten all of your teeth. In fact, veneers offer an excellent, long-term teeth whitening option. The restorations are stain-resistant and may last 10 to 15 years or longer.
Oddly shaped teeth, whether they're crooked, twisted or pointed, can ruin the symmetry of your smile. Veneers make these teeth look perfectly straight and can also length short teeth.
Do you have gaps between your teeth? Although you may need orthodontic treatment if you have large gaps, slight gaps can be easily concealed with veneers.
Renew your smile with veneers. Call your dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Brent Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.
If your teeth are discolored and you want a brighter smile, you have options to brighten them up and retain a whiter smile. Dr. Brent R. Browning is a cosmetic dentist at Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX. He offers a wide range of cosmetic dentistry including in-chair whitening for pervasive stains. Here are some tips for preventing and correcting dental stains:
The things that you eat and drink can stain your teeth over time. Items to avoid include:
- Coffee and tea
- Red wine
- Cranberry juice
- Tomato sauce
- Soy sauce
Keep Your Smile Bright
Here are some tips to help you avoid stains:
- Use a straw: If you’re drinking soda, juice, iced tea, or coffee, using a straw can prevent the liquid from touching the outer surfaces of your teeth.
- Swish with mouthwash: After you’ve brushed and flossed, rinse with mouthwash to reduce sticky plaque.
- Quit smoking: Whether you chew or smoke tobacco, it will still stain your teeth. It also increases your risk of oral cancer.
At-Home Teeth Whitening
There are generally two ways you can whiten your teeth: with bleaching agents containing peroxide or with whitening toothpaste that contains brightening agents. Home whitening kits usually contain a gel that you paint onto your teeth or a bleaching paste that is put into moldable trays, which are then placed around your teeth.
How to Deal with Persistent Stains
If you’ve tried whitening toothpaste or home whitening products and your teeth are still not as white as you would like, visit your Northwest Houston dentist for a professional whitening procedure. Professional bleaching is more effective than home products and in some cases, can whiten your teeth up to fifteen shades brighter than before!
If you’re in Northwest Houston and you need help with persistent teeth stains, call your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule an appointment.
Have you been thinking about improving your smile? Here at the Northwest Houston, TX, office of your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, we offer a variety of treatments designed to enhance your appearance—read on to learn more.
Brighten Your Smile With Veneers or Whitening Treatment
If stains from foods and beverages have left your teeth dull and stained, one of these treatments will help brighten your smile:
- Teeth Whitening: Coating your teeth with a hydrogen peroxide gel to remove the dark pigments that cause stains in just about an hour. After the gel is applied during Zoom! whitening treatment, it's exposed to a special activating light that helps it penetrate the pores of your enamel. Take-home kits that whiten your teeth and strengthen your tooth enamel are also available.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin shells that cover the front surfaces of your teeth. They're available in a range of white shades to ensure that your smile is as white as you want. The stain-resistant restorations are cemented on to your teeth and are made from an impression of your mouth.
Improve Flaws With Bonding, Veneers, or Crowns
When imperfections mar your smile, consider these options:
- Bonding: Your dentist can conceal discolored teeth and gaps, restore damage caused by chips, and improve the shape of teeth by applying tooth-colored composite resin to your teeth. Once the flexible material is applied, it's hardened with a curing light.
- Veneers: Veneers hide many types of flaws, including uneven surfaces, chips, cracks, discolorations, and gaps. They also offer a simple way to change the shape or length of teeth.
- Crowns: Crowns slip over teeth, completely concealing flaws on all sides. They can hide discolorations, change the shape of oddly shaped teeth, or even lengthen short teeth.
Straighten Your Smile With Invisalign
Invisalign offers a discreet solution to orthodontic problems. You'll wear removable aligner trays that will apply constant pressure to your teeth, gradually realigning them. The clear trays offer a subtle way to improve your smile.
During your first Invisalign visit to our Northwest Houston dental office, your dentist will take digital images, X-rays, and impressions of your teeth. They'll be combined to create a 3D image of your mouth that will be used to create your trays and plan your treatment.
Interested? Give Us a Call
Are you ready to renew your smile? Call your cosmetic dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Brent Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule an appointment.
Do you desire a straight, healthy smile either for your child or even yourself? At Browning Smile Design, Dr. Brent Browning serves patients in the Northwest Houston area with a wide array of dental services, including orthodontic braces. Learn about types of braces and the many benefits of orthodontic correction.
Braces are for everybody
While children should be evaluated for braces by age seven, teens and adults also can wear today's amazing variety of orthodontic appliances. In his Northwest Houston office, Dr. Browning offers conventional braces (metal, ceramic or lingual) and clear Invisalign aligners.
An in-office evaluation help Dr. Browning outline your specific treatment needs. Typical care plans take two years; however, Invisalign treatment of mild to moderate issues in teens and adults can finish in about a year.
Whatever appliances you wear, your dentist will follow your progress throughout. You'll carefully maintain your oral hygiene and eat a tooth-friendly, low-sugar diet for best results.
Benefits of braces
Braces offer several psychological and health benefits. The obvious one is improved self-confidence due to improved personal appearance. This aspect of orthodontic correction helps people of all ages.
Additionally, braces give patients numerous health benefits, including:
- Well-aligned teeth which are easier to clean, thus avoiding decay and gum disease
- Biomechanical balance, or properly-aligned dental bite, which affects tooth wear, biting, chewing and jaw function/comfort
- Proper tooth eruption and jaw development
- Improved speech, biting, and chewing
- Less tooth chipping, fracture and excessive wear and tear
- Fewer impacted adult teeth
- Reduction or elimination of bruxism (habitual teeth clenching and grinding)
What are your smile goals?
At Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, Dr. Brent Browning and his professional team change smiles and lives. If you believe your teeth could benefit from orthodontic care, come see us. We'll show you what's possible and most beneficial for your oral health and overall well-being. Contact us at (281) 370-4300.