Cosmetic dentistry can help you improve many smile issues, ranging from bite problems to damage to dull teeth. Your Northwest Houston, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning of Browning Smile Design, can help you choose the best cosmetic dentistry service or treatment for your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
One or more of these treatments could offer the ideal solution if you have smile issues:
- Teeth Whitening: Your smile can become duller over time, but it doesn't have to stay that way. Teeth whitening in the Northwest Houston, TX, dental office can whiten your teeth by three to eight shades. Your dentist uses a professional-strength whitening gel to break apart stains in just about an hour.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Are you self-conscious about your crooked teeth? It's never too late to improve your appearance with orthodontic treatment. In addition to straightening teeth, orthodontic treatment also corrects bite problems that can affect your chewing ability and increase your risk of tooth or gum damage. Your dentist can help you decide between metal or ceramic braces or Invisalign. Invisalign gradually straightens teeth using a series of clear, removable aligner trays designed to fit your mouth perfectly.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to improve tooth flaws. Your dentist applies a small amount of composite resin, a flexible, tooth-colored material to your teeth then hardens the material with a curing light. Bonding can be used to fill in chips, cover gaps, and hide shallow cracks and other imperfections.
- Contouring and Reshaping: Bonding is often combined with contouring and reshaping, which involves removing tiny amounts of tooth enamel to straighten teeth or remove overlapping areas and chips.
- Veneers: Veneers don't require extensive dental work and offer an easy way to improve your smile. The thin shells are made of porcelain or plastic and look just like your natural tooth enamel. Veneers are cemented to the fronts of teeth and hide many types of imperfections. They're a good option if you want to keep chips, cracks, discolorations, and uneven surfaces out of view. Veneers can also close slight gaps between teeth, whiten your entire smile, or change the length or shape of teeth.
Enhance your smile with cosmetic dentistry! Call your dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Browning of Browning Smile Design, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.
Braces from your dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, can make your smile healthier
Braces don’t just make your teeth straight. They also make your smile healthier, and a healthy mouth improves your overall health too. Dr. Brent Browning of Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, offers a wide variety of general dentistry and orthodontic services, to improve your smile.
Did you know when your smile is healthy, it decreases your risk of acquiring serious diseases? According to the Mayo Clinic, when your mouth is healthy, it helps decrease your risk of:
- Having a stroke
- Becoming diabetic
- Acquiring heart disease
- Developing Alzheimer’s disease
So, now that you know how your body can benefit from a straight smile, let’s talk about how your oral health can benefit from braces:
When your teeth are straightened with orthodontic treatment it will:
- Make your teeth easier to clean with brushing and flossing
- Lower your risk of developing gum and periodontal disease because your straight teeth will stay cleaner
- Lower your risk of tooth decay which can decrease your chances of needing fillings or crowns later on
- Keep you from wearing down your teeth due to a bad bite, which can decrease your chances of needing expensive tooth restorations later on
- Lower your chances of needing root canal therapy
- Help prevent damage to your jaw joint, known as your TMJ, which in turn helps prevent headaches, earaches, jaw, and facial pain associated with TMJ problems
Braces aren't just for teenagers. Adults can benefit from a straight smile too. You can choose from a variety of options for your braces, including:
- Ceramic brackets and tooth-colored or clear wires
- Lingual brackets and wires, which are cemented on to the back surfaces of your teeth
- Metal brackets and metal wires
You can also choose clear plastic aligners, which are the most discreet orthodontic option
To find out more about how orthodontic treatment can improve the health of your smile, call Dr. Browning of Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, at (281) 370-4300 now!
Learn more about Invisalign and why so many people are choosing this unique orthodontic treatment.
Here at Browning Smile Design, our dentist Dr. Brent Browning believes that it’s never too late to get the smile you want. This is why we offer Invisalign to older teens and adults looking to fix everything from crooked teeth to gapped or crowded smiles in Northwest Houston, TX. Wondering how Invisalign works and whether it’s right for you? Here’s what you should know about Invisalign so you can make the best choice for your smile.
One of the biggest advantages of getting Invisalign is that the aligners that you will receive are custom-made from medical-grade plastic that is completely transparent. This means that when they are placed over your teeth, they should be nearly invisible. No wires and no metal.
Who thought that anyone would say that orthodontic treatment is comfortable, but Invisalign aligners are made from flexible material that can comfortably fit over your teeth. The edges of the plastic are also smoothed down to reduce the risk for gum irritation and sores.
Easy to Care for
We know how much caring for traditional braces can be a hassle at times, but it’s fairly easy to care for your aligners by simply cleaning them with warm water, non-abrasive toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Unlike traditional braces you can easily remove your aligners before cleaning them, making it easier to keep your orthodontic treatment clean and free of stains and trapped food.
No Need to Change Your Diet
We know that no one wants to avoid the foods they love and if that is deterring you from getting braces then you’ll be happy to hear that you can eat whatever you want with Invisalign. All you have to do is remove your aligners prior to eating or drinking (except water) and you can enjoy all foods without any restrictions.
Fewer Trips to the Dentist’s Office
As with any dental treatment, our Northwest Houston, TX, team wants to make sure that you are getting the results you want throughout the course of your Invisalign treatment. The best way to do that is to come into our office for regular checkups. Our dentists will give you all of your aligners in advance so you don’t have to come into the office as often and you won’t need to come in to have your braces tightened like you would with traditional metal braces. Most people will need to come in every 4-6 weeks.
Ready to learn more about Invisalign? While we definitely love providing our patients with helpful online information regarding Invisalign, nothing beats sitting down with our Northwest Houston, TX, dentist to discuss your options. Call Browning Smile Design today at (281) 370-4300 to schedule an evaluation.
You may feel as if you have nothing to smile about if you have a few tooth flaws. Fortunately, correcting imperfections may be easier than you realize. Hiding flaws with veneers, one of the cosmetic treatments offered by your Northwest Houston, TX, dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, can help you transform your smile.
Veneers offer a simple solution if you have tooth flaws
Correcting tooth flaws doesn't necessarily mean you'll need extensive dental work. In fact, veneers require very little changes to your teeth. Before your dentist attaches the thin porcelain or plastic shells to the fronts of your teeth, he'll need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel. Removing the enamel ensures the veneers fit comfortably. (In some cases, it may not be necessary to remove any enamel.)
After the tooth enamel is removed, your dentist will make an impression of your mouth. The impression helps the dental lab technicians who will make your veneers create restorations that look perfectly natural in your mouth. You'll return to the Northwest Houston dental office in a few weeks to receive your new veneers. After temporarily applying the veneers with water or glycerin to check the fit, your dentist will make a few adjustments, then attach your restorations with dental cement.
Veneers keep imperfections out of sight
Veneers are only attached to the fronts of teeth, as flaws are most obvious in this area. The restorations conceal many types of tooth imperfections and are often used to hide shallow cracks, chips or other minor damage.
Are you unhappy with the color of your teeth? Veneers can make a single discolored tooth blend in with your smile or whiten all of your teeth. In fact, veneers offer an excellent, long-term teeth whitening option. The restorations are stain-resistant and may last 10 to 15 years or longer.
Oddly shaped teeth, whether they're crooked, twisted or pointed, can ruin the symmetry of your smile. Veneers make these teeth look perfectly straight and can also length short teeth.
Do you have gaps between your teeth? Although you may need orthodontic treatment if you have large gaps, slight gaps can be easily concealed with veneers.
Renew your smile with veneers. Call your dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Brent Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.
Besides giving you that winning smile and self-confidence, cosmetic dentistry treatments could likewise benefit your oral health and restore your teeth’s appearance and function.
Here at Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, offers various cosmetic dentistry procedures to keep your smile in tiptop shape. Here’s a breakdown of these procedures to help you decide on the perfect treatments for you.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Whether you can’t just let go of your black coffee habit or are just looking to refresh your smile, in-office bleaching will definitely help restore your smile’s radiance. Teeth whitening could likewise help enhance your smile’s overall aesthetic if you have discolored teeth because of aging, decay, long-term medications, or injury. Aside from restoring the quality and brilliance of your smile, it will surely boost your self-confidence and make you smile all day.
Dental Contouring and Reshaping
This cosmetic dentistry treatment entails altering and reshaping your teeth’s position to give you a more symmetrical smile. It helps correct slightly overlapping teeth and remove plaque and tartar buildup. Contouring and reshaping can likewise help with minor bite issues. If you suffer from discomfort or pain because of the shape of your teeth and your bite grid’s construct, these treatments could be an ideal procedure for making your bite more even, in turn, making your smile more symmetrical as well.
Dental bonding is a cosmetic treatment that involves the application of composite resin in a tooth-colored material on teeth that require some form of minor correction. It can enhance the look of chipped, fractured, discolored, or cracked teeth, and those that have slight gaps in between.
Veneers are crafted from ultra-thin shells made of porcelain, ceramic, or composite resin. They are placed over the front teeth to conceal minor gaps and cracks, stubborn discoloration, and oddly-shaped teeth. The most popular material for veneers today is porcelain because they are highly stain-resistant, extremely durable, and closely resemble your real teeth.
You have the choice to select just one of these treatments or opt for a combination of these if you truly want a complete smile makeover. Ask your cosmetic dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, for advice on the most suitable treatments for your particular case.
Call Us to Learn More About How Our Cosmetic Dentistry Services Can Give You That Flawless Smile
Dial (281) 370-4300 to set an evaluation with your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning of Browning Smile Design here in Northwest Houston, TX, today.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.