Have you been thinking about improving your smile? Here at the Northwest Houston, TX, office of your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, we offer a variety of treatments designed to enhance your appearance—read on to learn more.
Brighten Your Smile With Veneers or Whitening Treatment
If stains from foods and beverages have left your teeth dull and stained, one of these treatments will help brighten your smile:
- Teeth Whitening: Coating your teeth with a hydrogen peroxide gel to remove the dark pigments that cause stains in just about an hour. After the gel is applied during Zoom! whitening treatment, it's exposed to a special activating light that helps it penetrate the pores of your enamel. Take-home kits that whiten your teeth and strengthen your tooth enamel are also available.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin shells that cover the front surfaces of your teeth. They're available in a range of white shades to ensure that your smile is as white as you want. The stain-resistant restorations are cemented on to your teeth and are made from an impression of your mouth.
Improve Flaws With Bonding, Veneers, or Crowns
When imperfections mar your smile, consider these options:
- Bonding: Your dentist can conceal discolored teeth and gaps, restore damage caused by chips, and improve the shape of teeth by applying tooth-colored composite resin to your teeth. Once the flexible material is applied, it's hardened with a curing light.
- Veneers: Veneers hide many types of flaws, including uneven surfaces, chips, cracks, discolorations, and gaps. They also offer a simple way to change the shape or length of teeth.
- Crowns: Crowns slip over teeth, completely concealing flaws on all sides. They can hide discolorations, change the shape of oddly shaped teeth, or even lengthen short teeth.
Straighten Your Smile With Invisalign
Invisalign offers a discreet solution to orthodontic problems. You'll wear removable aligner trays that will apply constant pressure to your teeth, gradually realigning them. The clear trays offer a subtle way to improve your smile.
During your first Invisalign visit to our Northwest Houston dental office, your dentist will take digital images, X-rays, and impressions of your teeth. They'll be combined to create a 3D image of your mouth that will be used to create your trays and plan your treatment.
Interested? Give Us a Call
Are you ready to renew your smile? Call your cosmetic dentist in Northwest Houston, TX, Dr. Brent Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule an appointment.
Do you desire a straight, healthy smile either for your child or even yourself? At Browning Smile Design, Dr. Brent Browning serves patients in the Northwest Houston area with a wide array of dental services, including orthodontic braces. Learn about types of braces and the many benefits of orthodontic correction.
Braces are for everybody
While children should be evaluated for braces by age seven, teens and adults also can wear today's amazing variety of orthodontic appliances. In his Northwest Houston office, Dr. Browning offers conventional braces (metal, ceramic or lingual) and clear Invisalign aligners.
An in-office evaluation help Dr. Browning outline your specific treatment needs. Typical care plans take two years; however, Invisalign treatment of mild to moderate issues in teens and adults can finish in about a year.
Whatever appliances you wear, your dentist will follow your progress throughout. You'll carefully maintain your oral hygiene and eat a tooth-friendly, low-sugar diet for best results.
Benefits of braces
Braces offer several psychological and health benefits. The obvious one is improved self-confidence due to improved personal appearance. This aspect of orthodontic correction helps people of all ages.
Additionally, braces give patients numerous health benefits, including:
- Well-aligned teeth which are easier to clean, thus avoiding decay and gum disease
- Biomechanical balance, or properly-aligned dental bite, which affects tooth wear, biting, chewing and jaw function/comfort
- Proper tooth eruption and jaw development
- Improved speech, biting, and chewing
- Less tooth chipping, fracture and excessive wear and tear
- Fewer impacted adult teeth
- Reduction or elimination of bruxism (habitual teeth clenching and grinding)
What are your smile goals?
At Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, Dr. Brent Browning and his professional team change smiles and lives. If you believe your teeth could benefit from orthodontic care, come see us. We'll show you what's possible and most beneficial for your oral health and overall well-being. Contact us at (281) 370-4300.
If you think all dental restorations involve metal, you need to learn about tooth-colored restorations. Available from Dr. Brent R. Browning here at Browning Smile Design in North Houston, TX, tooth-colored restorations can help give you a completely healthy smile, complete with a natural look!
More about tooth-colored restorations
If you need a filling, you don’t have to settle for old-school metal—you can instead choose beautiful tooth-colored fillings made of composite, a unique liquid resin that can be matched to the color of your smile and sculpted to restore the natural contours of your tooth.
Tooth-colored fillings enhance and strengthen your smile by restoring teeth that are:
- Broken from an accident or injury
- Damaged from tooth decay
- Chipped or cracked from aging or lifestyle habits
If you need a dental crown, you don’t have to settle for unnatural looking gold crowns that can disrupt the harmony of your smile. Opting for a crown made of porcelain can be a better choice if you are looking for an option that will readily blend into the rest of your smile. Here at our Northwest Houston office, you can choose from:
- Full porcelain: Made of porcelain, a light-reflective material that looks just like tooth enamel, this crown can enhance the look of your smile while also . Full porcelain crowns are an excellent choice for front teeth and teeth that are visible when you smile.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal: Also known as a PFM crown, this restoration consists of sparkling porcelain laid on top of a metal underlay. PFM crowns give you the beauty of porcelain, while also supplying the strength for chewing. PFM crowns are a great choice for any area of your smile, and are especially appropriate for back teeth.
Give us a call
To find out more about tooth-colored restorations and how they can boost your health, call Dr. Brent R. Browning of Browning Smile Design in North Houston, TX, today by dialing (281) 370-4300.
Everyone wants a smile that is bright, even, and flawless, but few of us can boast perfect teeth. Fortunately, dental veneers can help you achieve a picture-perfect smile by correcting teeth that are crooked, chipped, or discolored. Read on to learn more about this popular aesthetic treatment, and contact Dr. Brent Browning, your cosmetic dentist in Northwest Houston, for a consultation!
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin, tooth-covering laminates made from porcelain or composite resin. Affixed to the front of your teeth, veneers blend right into your smile, alleviating any flaws in your dental appearance.
What are the advantages of veneers?
Veneers are an attractive option if you have damaged or stained teeth. They are custom-fitted to blend with your natural teeth, and because they are bonded to your original teeth, they stay securely in place while you eat or talk. Durable and stain-resistant, veneers can be brushed just like their natural counterparts, and unlike braces, you won't have to maneuver your toothbrush around wires, brackets, and rubber bands. Veneers can also last for up to two decades, making them a long term solution.
How are veneers attached?
Your Northwest Houston cosmetic dentist can likely have your veneers applied in two-to-three visits.
Following an initial consultation, your cosmetic dentist will send impressions of your teeth to a dental lab, where your custom-made veneers will be made in roughly two weeks. In the meantime, your dentist will prepare your teeth for treatment by lightly removing a small amount of enamel to make space for the veneers. Temporary veneers will then be affixed to your smile.
After your finalized veneers have been completed in the lab, your dentist will remove the temporary versions, affix the permanent ones, and cure them under a special light, finishing up your new smile!
How do I take care of veneers?
Veneers need to be brushed and flossed just as you would your original teeth, preferably with a non-abrasive toothpaste. While they will eventually need replacing, you can keep your veneers intact for longer with good oral hygiene.
Interested? Call today!
Veneers can be a great way to keep your smile looking and feeling its best. Call your Northwest Houston cosmetic dentist at (281) 370-4300 to schedule a consultation.
Is your dull, yellowed smile getting you down? Then, rejuvenate it with Zoom! teeth whitening from Dr. Brent Browning, your cosmetic dentist in Northwest Houston, TX. Dr. Browning and his team at Browning Smile Design are excited to offer their teen and adult patients this innovative cosmetic treatment--available in a one-hour, in-office version or as a take-home treatment.
How did your smile become stained?
It happens to everyone to one extent or other. Tobacco, dark foods and drinks (yes, your morning coffee), acidic dietary choices and the passage of time discolor tooth enamel.
That hard outer layer of your teeth is more porous than you may realize, and it retains whatever you put into your mouth. Poor oral hygiene contributes to the stains; however, even people with excellent oral hygiene habits can see their tooth color darken due to what dentists call extrinsic stains.
How teeth whitening can help
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry calls professional teeth whitening the most popular cosmetic dentistry service available today. Safer and more effective than drugstore strips, toothpastes and rinses, Zoom! teeth whitening from your Northwest Houston cosmetic dentist removes stubborn stains via application of highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide gel.
With the at-home version, the patient applies the peroxide gel with custom-designed whitening trays. This treatment takes about a week to complete.
In the office, Dr. Browning applies the gel and then accelerates the active ingredient with a special light. The procedure takes about an hour in all. Either version produces a smile whiter by about eight shades of color.
Of course, results vary from person to person. And, not everyone is a candidate for professional teeth whitening. During a cosmetic dentistry consultation at his Northwest Houston, TX, office, Dr. Browning will examine your teeth and gums and help you decide if Zoom! teeth whitening is right for you.
Keeping a white smile
Because you are going to love your renewed smile, you'll want to keep it bright and healthy. Dr. Browning and his team recommend:
- Twice a day brushing
- Once a day flossing
- Six-month check-ups and cleanings at Browning Smile Design
- Getting whitening touch-ups
- Drinking six to eight glasses of water daily (increases saliva production and rinses teeth)
- Avoiding all tobacco
- Drinking coffee, tea and colas with a straw
- Brushing after consuming dark foods such as blueberries or soy sauce
Look good and feel wonderful
A bright smile will do that for you. To learn more about Zoom! teeth whitening, contact Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, to arrange a cosmetic dentistry consultation. We look forward to helping you have a healthy smile you can be proud of. Call us at (281) 370-4300.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.