Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
At Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX, your oral health and smile aesthetics inspire us to render excellent care. For adults who want a beautiful smile, your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, often suggests porcelain veneers, tooth-shaped laminates of superior grade porcelain. These laminates cover defects so well they virtually disappear. Are veneers right for you?
Placement of porcelain veneers
Whether you need a complete smile makeover or just one or two cosmetic treatments, Dr. Browning will evaluate your teeth and gums carefully. He'll suggest ways to improve your tooth color, straighten alignment and bite or repair flaws such as small gaps, fissures, deep stains, chips, cracks and crowding. In fact, make sure you have specific ideas of your own so that together, you and your Northwest Houston, TX, dentist can agree on the perfect care plan.
If Dr. Browning recommends porcelain veneers, expect outstanding results. The process takes two to three visits to Browning Smile Design. The steps include:
- A comprehensive examination, including visual inspection, digital X-ray imaging and oral impressions
- Enamel resurfacing, the removal of a small amount of enamel from the front side of the teeth which will receive veneers (you'll wear temporary laminates as you wait for your permanent ones)
- Custom-fabrication of the veneers at a trusted area lab (they are sculpted according to a model of your teeth and gums)
- Placement of the permanent veneers using special bonding cement
Dr. Browning expertly places each veneer tooth by tooth and meticulously adjusts the thickness and color of the cement. A special bonding light accelerates the chemicals in the cement and creates a strong bond.
What else you should know
Be ready for a "Wow!" moment when you see your new smile. Your veneers will create a perfect, yet realistic, look that enhances your appearance.
You'll adjust to your veneers within a week or two, says the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. And, with good at-home and in-office hygiene at Browning Smile Design, you'll enjoy that great smile for ten years or more.
Just be careful, however, to avoid extra-hard foods. If you are a teeth clencher, ask Dr. Browning about a mouth guard to wear at night. Veneers are durable, but just like your real teeth, they can crack and chip if you exert too much pressure on them.
A new smile
Porcelain veneers could create yours. Come to Browning Smile Design, and talk it over with Dr. Browning and his friendly team. They'll guide you toward the right cosmetic treatments, and you'll love how you look and feel. Call us for an appointment: (281) 370-4300.
Improving the appearance of your smile can be a life-changing step. However, with the influx of cosmetic dentistry options available, you may have trouble choosing the best treatments for you. Luckily, you can decide on the perfect treatment plan with help from your dentist. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry options available and how they can help your smile with Dr. Brent Browning at Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Northwest Houston
- Crowns and Bridges: Dental crowns and bridges replace your missing teeth and allow your damaged natural teeth to remain in your mouth where they belong. A bridge does as its name implies and bridges the gap caused by a missing tooth. A crown covers a tooth to protect it from future damage and stabilize a large filling, often due to a root canal.
- Veneers: Dental veneers fit over the surface of a tooth to change its appearance, masking its imperfections and giving you the possibility to change the length, width, or shape of your tooth. Veneers can also change the color of your tooth, giving you a total smile makeover in just a few dental appointments.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are the most natural, effective, and functional option for replacing your missing teeth. These permanent implants give you the freedom to eat what you want, use a simple care routine of brushing and flossing without any extra steps, and look great, too.
- Zoom! Teeth Whitening: Zoom! teeth whitening uses a short whitening procedure to provide big results, brightening your smile and giving your teeth a whiter appearance in just 40-60 minutes. Your dentist places whitening gel on the teeth and aims a special light at the gel to help in the whitening process. After about an hour, the gel comes off and you are left with a whiter smile you can feel proud of.
A new smile could be just a simple phone call away. For more information on cosmetic dentistry or choosing a cosmetic procedure, please contact Dr. Browning at Browning Smile Design in Northwest Houston, TX. Call (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment for a cosmetic dentistry consultation with Dr. Browning today!
As a cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning takes great interest in enhancing the smiles of people from the Northwest Houston area. Offering everything from complex smile makeovers to simple teeth whitening, Dr. Browning applies true artistic skill in all his aesthetic treatments. His cosmetic contouring reshapes teeth which have minor, but distracting, flaws such as chips, cracks and pits. It just may be the aesthetic service your smile needs, and Browning Smile Design can deliver it.
What gets noticed?
Your smile does, says the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. This group of highly skilled dentists maintains that the appearance of your smile projects a particular image to the world--either attractive, friendly and confident or well, not so much. Also, your self-confidence suffers if you're too embarrassed to smile because of crookedness, gaps, stains and other detractors.
Cosmetic dentistry can change your smile image for the better. Consider, for example, cosmetic contouring. It takes just one visit to your Northwest Houston cosmetic dentist. Plus, it's comfortable and economical. Best of all, it reshapes:
- Uneven tooth length
- Dental bite (to make it healthier and more comfortable)
- Chipped tooth edges
- Pitted teeth
- Worn or overly pointed tooth edges
- Mild overcrowding
How it works
Your Northwest Houston cosmetic dentist will carefully examine smile elements such as width, how much gum tissue shows, and more. He'll recommend changes to enhance your teeth and gums so they look completely natural only more complimentary.
If he suggests cosmetic contouring, expect a simple, one-visit treatment. Often, the dentist combines cosmetic contouring with composite resin bonding, which is an additive treatment, professional teeth whitening, porcelain veneers and more to create a completely rejuvenated smile.
Find out more
Learn the particulars of cosmetic contouring by contacting Browning Smile Design for a cosmetic dentistry consultation with our Northwest Houston, TX, dentist, Dr. Browning. Call (281) 370-4300, and look forward to your great new smile.
Has your bright smile grown progressively duller over the years? Teeth whitening treatment offers a quick, simple way to remove stains caused by foods, beverages or smoking. Our Northwest Houston, TX, dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, explains how the whitening process works.
Teeth whitening eliminates stains
Food and tobacco stains become embedded in small pores in your tooth enamel. No matter how often you brush, you'll never be able to remove the stains caused by foods or beverages that contain dark pigments, such as coffee, tea, red wine, cola, soy sauce, berries or tomato sauce.
Teeth whitening uses hydrogen peroxide to break apart the pigments lurking deep in your enamel. Once those pigments are gone, your teeth will be much brighter and whiter.
Home vs. professional whitening
You'll find plenty of products to whiten your teeth in the aisles of Northwest Houston drug and discount stores, from strips to trays to products you brush on your teeth. Unfortunately, these products can take a long time to work and may not produce the results you wanted. Professional whitening agents contain stronger formulations of hydrogen peroxide than drugstore kits and offer better, more consistent results
The whitening process
When you arrive for a Zoom! whitening session in our office, your gums and roots will be coated with a protective gel and you'll receive a pair of goggles which will protect your eyes. After the hydrogen peroxide gel is applied to your teeth, they'll be exposed to the Zoom! light. The light activates the hydrogen peroxide gel, which breaks apart the stains. Whitening is usually accomplished in three 15-minute sessions. At the end of your session, your teeth will be covered with a fluoride gel to help reduce sensitivity.
Zoom! offers long-lasting results
Your teeth may be as much as 10 shades whiter when you leave our office. You can maintain your results for years by avoiding foods and beverages that stain teeth and occasionally touching up your teeth with Nite White ACP, an at-home whitener that not only whitens teeth but also remineralizes your tooth enamel.
Ready to revitalize your smile with teeth whitening? Call our Northwest Houston, TX, dentist, Dr. Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule an appointment.
Is there something about your smile that's always bothered you? Whether you have an oddly shaped tooth, a noticeable chip on the edge of a tooth or don't feel that your teeth are white enough, veneers can revitalize your smile. Our Northwest Houston, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, discusses veneers and explains how they can be used to makeover your smile.
Thin, comfortable veneers disguise imperfections
When Dr. Browning shows you a veneer in his Northwest Houston office, you may be surprised by the thinness of the restoration. Porcelain veneers are just about as thin as a fingernail, yet completely cover imperfections in your teeth. Because veneers are lightweight, they're very comfortable when they're attached to the fronts of your teeth.
Receiving veneers isn't painful or complicated
Before you receive veneers, a tiny amount of tooth enamel is removed from your teeth to ensure that your veneers don't feel bulky and uncomfortable. You may not even need a local anesthetic for this step because such a small amount of enamel is filed away. After your teeth are filed, we'll make an impression of your teeth and send it to a dental laboratory.
When we receive your veneers, you'll return to the office and we'll test the fit by using water or glycerin to temporarily apply the veneers to your teeth. After making a few minor adjustments, the veneers will be permanently attached using dental cement.
Veneers offer important benefits
Veneers provide several important benefits, including:
- Versatility: Veneers can be used to change the shape or length of your teeth or hide small flaws, such as gaps, discolorations, cracks, chips or uneven tooth surfaces.
- Color: If you've ever been disappointed that teeth whitening didn't get your teeth light enough, you'll want to consider veneers. They're available in many shades of white and an are excellent long-term whitening option.
- Stain Resistance: Veneers are very resistant to substances that stain teeth, such as coffee, tea, wine, brightly colored foods and tobacco.
- Easy Care: Veneers require no special care routines. You will need to avoid abrasive toothpastes when you brush, but you can brush and floss the same way you usually do.
Make over your smile with veneers! Call Northwest Houston, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Brent Browning, at (281) 370-4300 to schedule your appointment.